MapleIrony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merforga's GM Application [Passed]

2 posters

Go down

Merforga's GM Application [Passed] Empty Merforga''s GM Application [Passed]

Post by Merforga Sat 23 May - 8:55

Just reposting it so you know I'm still interested Razz

Name:
Iqshvaku Mishra (most people just call me Ish for short)

What you want to be called:
Merforga / Ish

In-Game name:
Merforga

Time Zone/Location:
GMT -3.5 / St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Why should we choose you?:
First of all, I think I am very mature compared to many others. I can keep my head straight at all times, and do not go on "rampages" if made upset. That being said, I am not super-strict, and like to encompass enjoyment into all things I do.
Second, I believe that I am dedicated and hard-working. I will treat my job as a GM, other GMs, and other players with the utmost respect that I have. I will not abuse my power, and will maintain a good and fun environment when I am on.
Because of my time zone, I can be online many times when other GMs are not. I am 1.5 hours ahead of Eastern, 4.5 ahead of Pacific, not to mention that I am up early many days, and up late as well. Because of this, I can help maintain stability online longer.
I also believe that I have a great, easy-to-get-along-with personality. My English/French teacher two years ago told my parents that I have a very unique personality whereby in-class I have no enemies. Nobody dislikes me, and 95% of my peers are drawn towards me. (I'm not joking about this). Because of this, I believe that I am charismatic, and people would respect me. I work by the golden rule "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
Fifth, I do not tolerate harassment. I have two reasons for this. One reason is that my heritage is from India, meaning I am of a different race / skin color, so I know what it is like to feel excluded. Another reason is that I also referee soccer with the Canadian Soccer Association (I have met a couple of FIFA referees as well at a clinic), and have been trained to not hesitate if others act in a negative manner. However, because of my easy-going personality, I (will) always issue a warning before taking any action.

What you will do for the server:
I know that I will be able to help others out on the server. I consider myself high on the MS knowledge rankings. I am not an expert as Tanner, Nomika, Lick, etc., as you have been playing longer than me, but I am resilient and will learn or grasp any concept quickly.
I know that the two current GMs will have their hands full once we are more populated as they will need to manage the server alone, thus I would like to be able to help in-game while they, for example, are managing other things.
Going back to what I previously mentioned, I am in a different time zone than what you will see from anybody, therefore I can provide more "GM time" for the server. I can be messaged on MSN, personal email (which Firefox checks for me every 10 mins), Hamachi, or Skype, making me easy to get a hold of.
I hope to put a halt to abusers and hackers, and reduce the number of immature individuals on the server once the population starts to increase. That being said, I ultimately wish to provide an enjoyable experience for all, and hold fun events every so often. Though not my main task, this will be a bonus for players whenever I am not stopping baddies Razz

Past Experience(Must have screen shot if GM, Example of work if GFX or Coder):
None for GM, sorry.

Contact information:
MSN: iqshvaku27 (at) hotmail (dot) com
Personal email: either my hotmail or iqshvaku27 (at) gmail (dot) com

Personal info (Optional):
I will be 18 soon, currently maintain a 90%+ average in grade 12, living in Canada, parents are from India, going into pre-pharmacy next year, then hopefully medicine Smile

Last words:
I know that we barely have any players right now, so I would like to be considered for a position now, then maybe put on hold until a time where you guys see fit for me to be on trial. Hopefully I will be accepted. Thanks for the consideration!

P.S. I can also provide character references from my teachers if necessary as I have asked my teachers for a few copies for summer jobs, and I can scan and upload them if needed Razz

- Merforga
Merforga
Merforga
SuperNoob
SuperNoob

Back to top Go down

Merforga's GM Application [Passed] Empty Re: Merforga's GM Application [Passed]

Post by Panic Sat 23 May - 20:04

Its fine that you reposted.
its ok to transfer your posts to the new forums xD
Panic
Panic